Happy Daylight Savings Day! March Madness is almost here, and then it’s baseball season. Good news, good news. My thoughts on sports this week:
- Bobby Knight, on tv joking about his ‘anger issues,’ makes me tight as hell. Dude put his hands around a player’s throat, was consistently abusive for decades, and despite his obviously astounding strategic basketball IQ, is a ten-bell ahole. Coaches should not be demigods in their states. Period.
- This weekend is off to a heck of a start, with a ton of close games and a buzzer beater in overtime. This year’s tournament is gonna be bonkers. Keep your eye on the first team to punch its March Madness ticket; they beat Miami early in the season, and they play tough defense and have shooters. They’re my choice for an early round sleeper…
- Jim Boeheim has a tendency to pop off without much forethought, and after today’s baffling loss, he did it again. The thing is, saying that kinda stuff can’t be good for the morale of a team that’s been backsliding for a month. He’s gotta rally his crew, not bury them…
- The Baltimore Ravens have given Anquan Boldin an ultimatum: take a pay cut or get cut. Seriously. Anquan Boldin, he of the clutch catch and great routes and steady, dependable leadership. This is Woody Johnson-esque stupidity. Flacco should roll into somebody’s office and speak on it. Or just go ahead and write Boldin a check. Or something. Because the Ravens might stink next year.
- Italy is blowing it up in the World Baseball Classic, with Mike Piazza as their hitting coach. As a Mike Piazza enthusiast, I am stoked.
Please like & share: